FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Downtown Miami Hyatt Regency REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 22, 2007, 11:04 pm
meducate

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Not Much Fun at HR Miami

I am currently at the HR Miami on a one-night stay before leaving tomorrow on a cruise. We arrived at 3 PM, and only 1 of the 2 rooms (award rooms) that I had reserved was ready. At check-in I was notified that the Club was closed for renovations - you would think that the Diamond folks would have told me this as an FYI when I made the reservations!

The 5 of us schlepped up to one room, and awaited the call from the front desk letting us know that the second room was ready. After an hour I called down and was told that it was ready and that they would send a key up right away. Well, 3 calls and 35 minutes later and no key arrived. I had to go to the desk where a clearly agitated clerk had to seek out the bellman who, with the keys in his pocket, was still chatting away at the concierge desk. He was oblivious to the fact that so much time had passed and we were waiting for him.

When we made our way back down to grab dinner in the restaurant we found that it too was closed for renovations. We wound up eating from a limited menu in the bar, as my wife was too tired to traipse out to find another restaurant nearby.

Sorry about the rant, but it was also meant to be a warning to others with upcoming stays at this location!

On the plus side, the room is nice, big, water view and comfortable...