FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post
Old Dec 20, 2007, 3:16 pm
WanderingGent

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Hi everyone! I forget how I came across FT but I lurked around only for a couple of weeks before joining. I suppose my handle makes my flight loyalties fairly obvious.

I've lived in SF for three years, and just like everyone in SF, I'm not from there originally. DCA is where I grew up - in the past ten years I've also lived in STL, MRY, FCO, SJO, and ICN. I have a wonderful partner (1 year).

I feel like a little kid at a board meeting on FT, because I'm trying to keep up with people who fly for work and such. I'm both a student and a teacher, and the two together are not conducive to flying much (especially for needed MR's). They're also not conducive to paying for a lot of flights out-of-pocket, but I do what I can (I just wish I had a job that required travel!). I still manage to eke out Gold status every year, though, and after being Platinum in 2005, I've informed my partner that I will be requalifying for it next year, which is fine by him as he'll be sitting in F or J with me.

Time up in the air, whether napping, staring out at the vast empty spaces of the Rockies and Plains, or drinking enough to be 'happy,' is relaxation.

My partner and I love travelling and experiencing new countries and cultures, so I'm hoping to maintain Platinum for the next several years. My ultimate goal is to make 2MM and be a lifetime Plat, something I'd never heard of until joining FT. ^

Last edited by WanderingGent; Feb 13, 2023 at 8:05 pm