FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Customs Red-Flagged?
View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2007, 8:03 pm
SDF_Traveler

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by philnyce
Hello All....After being questioned a few times and then bag searched twice I am pretty sure my passport has been flagged. For what reason...I have NO IDEA.

Does anyone know if I can find out what is on their customs file? Can the profile fixed to avoid being flagged? Should I register with Nexus and do a voluntary background check?

Also, can someone explain to be the number coding that the U.S. Customs agents use when marking your declaration form? I think they use 1,2 or 3.
Any information and help will be helpful. Thanks guys!
How many trips has this happened on back to back and at what ports of entry?

Any changes in international travel habits?

I went through a period where I am certain I was flagged. I would always be directed into secondary customs where I would go through a bag search and a long questioning.

It finally stopped, but I had looked at my credit report during that period and saw that a court / police department in Michigan had pulled my Trans Union credit file. They also pulled my fathers. When I called, it turned out it was the child support division that pulled it.

I gave em' hell and made them erase the hard inquiry. Soon afterwards all of my problems with US Immigrations and Customs stopped. Not a problem since then.

Last - is there any "pattern" with respect to the questioning you are getting on each return? How often to you enter / re-enter the United States? I was re-entering every 2 to 3 weeks when I went through the period where I had problems with US CBP.

The # written on the form typically means how many people are in your party. I've hard my card stamped and have also seen other things written on it in the past.