FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Domestic ONLY Travel/Security Question on Warrants and Immigration for example
Old Dec 18, 2007, 4:49 pm
ND Sol

Originally Posted by LEX-LGA Commuter
Since some of you can't seem to get past sarcasm and idiotic comments, I guess I'm done. But I'll leave you with this thought. Who exactly are these people you are so bound to coddle and protect? Deadbeat dads? Maybe. Wanted felons? Probably. At the very least they all have warrants or are here illegally, according to the premise here. So, do you truly believe that they are living in mainstream society and, for example, paying taxes every year? Or instead, are they costing each of us some sum of money due to lost tax revenue, increased law enforcement workload, etc.

So why you want to kiss their collective asses is beyond me, frankly. But it's a free country - have at it.
Many of those people are the dregs of the earth, but those are not who I am trying to protect in the situation posited. I am trying to protect the innocent ones, the rule of law and our constitution. Somewhat analogous to the saying that, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."