FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz Carlton or MO in KL?
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2007, 9:27 pm
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by B-HQC
I would definitely go with the Premier Suite at the RC. This is a over 1000 sqf suite by my estimate compared to a room less than half the size at the MO (all the rooms are pretty much exactly the same size, regardless of deluxe/ premium/club). The RC also has free internet. The only thing MO would have the edge on would be dining options. The food at the RC is excellent, but choices are insufficient (Chinese or lobby lounge - the italian restaurant was only open for breakfast!). This wasn't a big deal for me, but I did hear complaints from other guests. Service was cordinal but generally somewhat distant.

Location is not a big deal - RC is about a ten minute drive from the Petronas.
I beg to disagree. I've had some huge suites at the MO. They are not all the same size. And the club at the MO is quite nice. Very large, pool table, library, etc.

And the location is a big deal in that the MO is almost attached to KLCC and a very short walk to bar street. Location counts for a lot in KL with the traffic and thunderstorms.

As for the Hilton, and it's sister the Le Meridien, I do like those a lot. You get a lot more for your money especially if you have Hilton or Starwood status. But they are quite far from the posh area of town. You can walk to the monorail if you are mobile and adventurous.