FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 200,000 AMEX MR Points = 2 Concorde RT
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2002, 1:06 pm
DP-UK

Programs: AA Exec PLT; BA Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by miles from tesco:
i am in the uk & have 125000 points on my amex platinum card.
can some one tell me if & how do i change them to get concorde or first class tickets?
</font>
OK

1. You need to have a *wood Preferred Guest account number. You can get this @ http://www.starwood.com/preferredguest/index.html

1. You need to have Amex show Starwood Preferred Guest as one of your Frequent Traveller Programme - can be done on-line or by phone.

2. The Amex website says that you need to have stayed @ a *wood hotel in the last 12 months (not sure how true this is) to qualify to transfer.

3. Amex will then transfer the 125,000 points to SPG, giving you 62500 SPG points.

4. You can then transfer these to any airline, but QF gives you the best return (2:1).

As I said earlier in this thread, when you transfer them, *wood will add another 15,000 points to your total (5k for every 20k you transfer). Your total is then 77,500.

If you transfer this to BA or AA you'd get a 1:1 transfer rate, but QF gives you 2:1, so you'd end up with 155,000 Qantas points.

To get 10,000 miles on BA metal, First Class, you need 125,000 QF points so you have more than enough for this.

This is more than enough for a Concorde return to JFK + another FC or BC flight with the balance.

Hope this helps

David