FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - married name is different from booking - any adivce?
Old Dec 8, 2007, 7:47 pm
CD_YOW

Originally Posted by Stranger
Originally Posted by yyzprincess
Here is a thought. Some of us want to do it. I changed my name because I wanted to not because my husband asked me.

My daughter on the other hand decided not to change her name.
My wife, who has stayed home since we had kids, did not change her name. Neither did my daughter.

But eh, I guess there must be people who don't like their maiden's name?
Being a newlywed myself, my wife has elected to change her name to Mrs. CD and is just now going through the process of contacting the various companies and organizations to make the switch. We have flights booked in January so I'll have to remind her to contact AE...

In Quebec, it's not even an option without requesting permission from the Government for a name change - and they rarely grant it.

Do you take this name?
Some Quebec brides want to say 'I do'

MARIAN SCOTT, The Gazette
Published: Monday, December 03
Rolande Dubreuil can't even remember a time when married women in Quebec were known by their husbands' names.

The 28-year-old, who got married last year, was just 2 in 1981, when the province passed a law decreeing that women keep their own names when they marry.

The controversy pits women demanding freedom to choose against those who hail the law as a landmark for women's equality.

Université Laval law professor Louise Langevin said Quebec was ahead of its time when it changed the Civil Code in 1981, preventing women from changing their name after marriage.

Full story here...