FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - married name is different from booking - any adivce?
Old Dec 8, 2007, 1:28 pm
snace

Originally Posted by Silvercity
I went through it 2 years ago. It seemed that aeroplan is simply the hardest to change. I had too fax a copy of of marrigae certificate over and over. To be honest the whole process took over 3 months. For all its worth just leave it under her madien name. Ensure she has ID ie: drivers licence ..ect that says so.
So she can qualify before Dec.31st.
Good thing you are only going on domestic flight as I was going overseas at the time to HKG.
Good Luck
she had to switch it over as we are traveling in early January internationally. I looked at changing the booking, but since it was done by someone else and there were a bunch of different carriers it became too much trouble.

also, she doesn't have any other picture id that has her maiden name. If she had a new Ontario health card, it would be great, but she only had the old one. Once she moved to AB she had to give her drivers lic. to them.

thanks for your advice. We will stay on top of AE, but i know it is a busy time for them...

EDIT: This doesn't seem like it would be possible, but would she be able to use her expired passport with the maiden name along with her new passport? She is a couple hundred miles away, and she may be taking a flight to Calgary that could get her over.

Last edited by snace; Dec 8, 2007 at 1:34 pm