FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2007, 8:52 am
AirBuffalo

Originally Posted by Hennessy
So you had to go twice through security? First in East and then after the lounge visit in West?
Yes, as mentioned, you have to pass through Terminal E security twice (W&E) to use Bellvue lounge & depart to the US. I've never had my BP checked at either security check so I can't imagine you'd have a problem.

I prefer the Bellevue lounge over the others. It has the best views hands down and it's actually quicker to get to your USA departure gate from there than the others since you're already in terminal E.

I think the previous posts regarding security in Terminal A/B refers to the passport check b4 you get to the shopping area. It's not a true security check.

I was unaware that they are consolidating security in the check-in area. A major bummer, if you ask me. Part of the reason that the airport runs so smoothly is distributing the security throughout the terminals (esp. Terminal A).

Finally, I don't understand why the US flights are isolated. Someone told me that this was in place even before the liquid ban? Also, isn't the liquid restriction in place for flights to Great Britain as well, yet BA departs from the other side of Terminal E?

Screwy