FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which hotel is better for a tourist at LA for 4 nights?
Old Dec 4, 2007, 5:49 pm
Night Flyer

Although these two hotels are comparable in location, IMO they're not similar hotels. The IC used to be a Park Hyatt and before that, a JW Marriott; it's a little more upscale in feel. I am not a fan of the Crowne Plaza (I've stayed there) but of course there's room for disagreement. If the rates are comparable I think you'll find the IC has a cleaner, nicer, more upscale feel.

Since Rodeo Drive is one of your destinations, you can walk there from the Crowne Plaza a little easier, it's just a few long blocks up Beverly Boulevard past stores and restaurants. The walk from the IC to downtown Beverly Hills would be a lot more sterile, past mainly office buildings until you reached the Peninsula Hotel on the outskirts of Beverly Hills. You can of course cab it but either is a short ride and you'll have to deal with a cabby with a bad attitude based on your $4.00 fare.

The IC is much closer to the Century City Shopping Center if you plan to do any mall-type shopping while you're here. A crazy thought I know but it IS December . . .

Last edited by Night Flyer; Dec 4, 2007 at 5:56 pm