FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T5 Trial Day - First Thoughts
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2007, 9:39 am
bdmaus

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG+LTQP
Our version of today's trial wasn't quite so smooth...

Not quite sure what happened - but I got the distinct impression that just about everything went wrong. We drew Glasgow, and therefore got to try out all the biometric stuff.

At the first checkpoint it took them about six tries of me standing there staring into space with my fingers on the pad to get a good picture. Must both the fingerprints and face picture be read at the same instant? I hope not!

Went through Southern security today, and they were x-raying everyone's shoes, but only one chair was provided for people putting them back on again...

After security I was intending to sneak a look at the "northern" lounge area when partner "accidentally" got on the main "down" escalator. Once down there we could find absolutely no way back up (other than a Gladiatorial contra-escalator sprint!)

Inside, none of the departure boards were working in the terminal at all - thank god our gate number was printed on our BPs or we would have been well-and-truly stuffed. Luckily no gate change.

Still nothing in the way of shops or things to do, so all the sheep were amazingly lined up at the gate about 60 minutes before departure.

The biometric checks at boarding time went much better than at sampling time - but as soon as we were all downstairs, they apologised for all the problems and told us we'd be going home! This was about 12pm.

Unfortunately we couldn't be trusted to walk down a stationary escalator - so they held us for another ten minutes while they didn't manage to get it going - at which point it suddenly became safe - provided we took extra care.

Weren't asked to collect any bags, then piled straight onto the bus bound for Hatton Cross - arriving in time for a very early lunch!