FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Idea: Alliance with Icelandair
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2007, 9:33 pm
Mimi Imferst

Programs: TrueBlue, HHonors
These match-ups make sense as far as my limited knowledge of the logistics goes. Unhitched airlines looking for a larger revenue pool to feed each other. El Al and Icelandair among others have been mentioned in the rumour mill, but what hasn't been mentioned(at least not recently) was the continued pursuit of these agreements by B6 brass.

Quite possibly, the recent expansion of the GDS ticket-selling may have proven to be a less complicated and cheaper way to meet their growth numbers and certainly, the floundering of the Aer Lingus partnership, however superficial it was intended, displays a change of approach or thought at the top. If I recall, the loudest audible voice on the alliance front came from Neeleman and I'm not sure how many backers it had even then.

Can LCC's find a way to create their own alliance system or is that con=unterproductive to the business model of what a LCC is?

I still think that, as a NYC airline, the opportunity for a large increase in customer base exists by the addition of these alliances and think they could be mutually beneficial.