FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New LCY Routes: AMS x 4, BCN, NCE + WAW
View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2007, 1:17 pm
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by AndyFlyer
I'm a bit mystified as to why LCY-MXP is going...my recent flights had 11 rows of CE on board (with only two crew to staff them!) and it was pretty busy! I was so surprised at the number of C Class pax!

Really pleased they are building up LCY - it can be an wonderfully convenien airport. The aircraft are a bit tight...the 3 x 2 in CE isn't bad if you are over on the two-side, but Y can be pretty grim in a 3x3 config.

Hurrah for NCE, too! AF started a LCY-NCE service which is routinely packed! Hopefully BA can make this route work, too.
I think because if you are travelling to Milan on business the convenience of leaving from LCY is outweighed by the inconvenience of arriving and departing from MXP. A service between LCY and LIn would have made much more sense.

Air One now serve LIN from LCY and this is a much better bet IMHO. The Air One service is very good and Y seating is in a much more comfortable 3-2 config.

I tend to suffer LHR so that I can arrive at LIN even though LCY is more convenient. The schedule LCY-MXP was also pretty poor for business travellers.