FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Santa Cruz: need advice
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2007, 7:37 pm
michellemck99

Programs: AA Gold, season pass holder to all the places the kids want to go
I just left Seascape yesterday morning. They did have a norovirus outbreak there last week, which has "cleared out" by now (here).

I had a nice stay there, which was a convenient and pleasant location given family in the area. In particular, I was impressed that my "partial ocean view" room did not involve standing on my toes, bending my neck, or other sorts of silliness to enjoy the actual ocean view...out of my room or from the generously-sized balcony, I had a 180 degree view of the ocean, which was blocked somewhat by a half dozen or so trees closer to the beach.

All that said, given the OP's "price is not an issue" statement, I would imagine Seascape is not what he's looking for, save proximity to Santa Cruz. The room itself was furnished rather casually, with more than a few signs of wear. I believe this is a timeshare setup, as there was a small locked "owners" closet in the room. The room service menu was fairly light, and it did not run 24 hours/day. There was a coffee maker in the room (along with a kitchenette and small kitchen table/chairs), but no coffee to make. Again, the property was quite comfortable and large for me and my brood, with pleasant interactions with staff as needed, but this was not a luxury property.