FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Tempe read this forum?
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2007, 9:33 pm
jerseyfinn

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
As to enviroian's question about whether Tempe reads this forum. Better to ask if Tempe comprehends what we say here. Can't say I'm sure of the answer to that one.

If I were to characterize this forum, I'd say that a good chunk of folks here raise legitimate concerns. Yes, a handful are a bit more angry and perhaps occassionally less objective. But IMO this board was much more inherently negative a couple of years ago than it is now. We've had some really nice folks drift away as their discontent turns into action and they find other carriers. Those of us who are left are too tired to say much anymore. It's like a failing marriage in which neither side will get out of the house -- it's easier to turn over and look at her and close your eyes and go back to sleep.

. . . I personally still have to fly US because of my home airport's limited options and I have a right to express my discontent with a company with whom I still do business.
I'm in the same boat with Yankee and could not agree more. If we're still gonna fly this turkey, then we gotta let 'em know how we feel. I still give feed back, positive and negative when I fly. DP and his HUTA cronies can ignore me all they want. But I'm on the record for anyone honest enough to examine it.

Still I remain a pessimistic optimist ( you have to be a Finn to really understand this crazy mindset ). I myself don't hate the guys at the top in Tempe, but I will call them out in no uncertain terms as I've earned that privilige ( I won't say right ) to do so as a loyal FFer & the guy paying the bill. We all make mistakes in life, and most of us are wont to admit it. Now in my field as an anesthetist, you better learn from your mistakes. Presently, the folks in Tempe are in denial for whatever reason -- I myself think it's pride, vanity, and a touch of arrogance & occassional stupidity along with the inability to remember what Clint Eastwood always said (" a man's gotta know his limitations").

I'm a little disappointed to see oil slipping downward again as I was hoping that high fuel prices ( which naturally will be added to our ticket costs as a surcharge ) will do a great deal to force additional mergers and consolidations sooner rather than later. It's my impression that Tempe is presently damaged goods not only with us pax, but with their industry peers. So it would be nice to see DL, UA and others pulling off deals while the Tempe wanna be's try to get into that game again. Not because I want to see them fail, but because it might force them to face the music and decide what-in-the-hell this airline is going to be and what their place in this game really is. It could make for a better CEO or it could make for a dash to the exit and a golden parachute. In either case, those would be positive outcomes, even if US never quite finds itself.

I think I've hurt my own brain with these thoughts and I must retire for a brew or two.

Hey all, happy T-Day.

Barry