FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 20% off next Virgin American Flight
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2007, 10:06 pm
Mike Jacoubowsky

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by pixuk
Took my first flight on Virgin America yesterday (and paid the extra to experience First Class), and I think they need to go some way to separate them from the rest of the crowd. The plane was late arriving, even later boarding and then we sat on the tarmac for an hour before take off (and the faint whiff of fuel was making me feel quite nausea). If the crew had been in any way 'different', you'd think they might hand out water or even explain what the delay was (not once was an explanation given). During the flight, I can only describe the service as 'indifferent'.

That said, it was a nice plane and a nice seat, but the service needs a lot of improvement.
Our plane was delayed at LAS by weather & traffic at SFO. Not only did the captain keep us informed about the delay (ended up being about 45 minutes), but the FAs did, in fact, hand out small bottles of water to everyone on board. But wait, there's more. The captain said that, since they were delayed, he'd love to give anyone interested a tour of the cockpit of his fine plane. And further, he explained that the reason the jetway was coming back out to the plane was so they could shut down the engines and use ground power, saving expensive fuel so they could try and keep their fares low.

I have yet to experience anything close to that on my carrier of choice (UA).