FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New immigration policies: Japan to fingerprint and photograph visitors (merged)
Old Nov 16, 2007, 5:05 pm
LapLap
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
This is ridiculous. Even the US lets my Japanese wife go through the US citizens line with me. They have fingerprint readers and cameras at all stations, so they can take her prints and photo even when she goes through the US line. There is no reason why Japan can't do the same, or why they can't continue to let re-entry permit holders go through the Japanese line.

I can't believe Japan will now treat visitors even worse than the US! (And with policies that do nothing to enhance security.) What is this, a race to the bottom?
Even MrLapLap has been told that he's welcome to use the "EU passport holders" queue when returning to the UK (certainly when he's travelling with me).

So far, I've never seen any of the huge NRT queues that get discussed here. At least we can both wait together, so that's some comfort. I'll be interested to learn how it all pans out, but we don't anticipate returning until late next year.