FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa, Tenerife, Spain CLOSED 1 Jul 2022 [Master Thread]
Old Nov 16, 2007, 6:39 am
GoCanes

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by ajamieson
GoCanes how did you get on in the end?

This is my experience. I think it's a great property with excellent staff, but Golds are unlikely to get anything other than a preferred room.

Elite guests at this property should also be aware that 4pm checkout is not available, or so I was told, because it is a resort hotel.

Incidentally, every single guest at this property gets an automatic complimentary buffet breakfast - except those on points stays. I have a points stay ahead and the hotel has taken the trouble of emailing me directly to tell me I won't get the buffet breakfast. This seems a trifle churlish.
When we arrived we were upgraded to an ocean view club level room on the top floor. We were on cash and points. The staff was very nice and friendly. We were treated very well at every moment. I don't think we got an upgrade before arriving but were given one upon check-in I think. I just don't remember.

There was a separate area for the club room buffet near the pool area and it was strictly enforced. There were no free buffets for regular guests while we were there. So, the information you received is right, but it is not just for non-rev guests, no one gets the free buffet but for club level guests as of 06.