FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 4: Purview Over Policies of Moderation
Old Nov 12, 2007, 11:22 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Punki, it's clear that your view of the Terms of Service differs from the view of moderators, who typically confer with each other on suspensions. How could we correct this problem? By making the Terms of Service more explicit, precisely what I propose in my platform!

Another idea, and one that would likely fall outside TalkBoard authority, would be to let the software trigger a reviewable posting speed limit or short-term timeout if an unusually high percentage of a member's posts are deleted. A small number of members is responsible for a large percentage of moderators' workload, including deletions.

My point is that if you're looking for a workable solution to this problem and if you're willing to compromise, there is probably a solution to be found.

If the price of perfect justice for every FT member who skirts the edge of the Terms of Service is forum pollution that drives away hundreds of valuable members who never get anywhere near the line, that price is too high IMHO.

I have a constructive plan for specific action: clarifying the TOS. Nobody else running has a plan that has any chance of resolving your concern.

Last edited by nsx; Nov 12, 2007 at 11:24 am Reason: quotes of deleted post removed