FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Hangzhou REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 12, 2007, 9:59 am
paul577

Programs: Accor Plat,SGP plat, Hyatt Dia, PC Plat, QF Plat, SG TPP, TG Gold
The point you make about lack of control of international properties is critical...and that is why Starwood will trounce Goldpassport otside the USA. Apart from one or two properties (most notably the Sheraton in Singapore), Starwood seems to consistently apply top quality benefits for platinum members...with Hyatt , outside the US, it's almost a lucky dip. You have absolutely NO IDEA of what to expect when turning up at a Hyatt in Asia/pac. As a Platinum GP ( former Diamond) it's just about nothing other than the room for which you have paid, as a Diamond it's often not more more ( again there are exceptions but few and far between in Asia)

Originally Posted by ChoChoGaGa
The Hyatt customer service representitive was very responsive and helpful. After reviewing the case, the 6000 upgrade GP points were refunded due to my dissatisfaction with the service provided by the rooming staff. However, the "best available room" upgrade policy for Dimond at this Hotel was still very unclear. After a few back and forth emails exchange with the Hyatt concierge, I learned that the upgrade to either a lake view room or the deluxe room at this hotel is completely at the discretion of the hotel, which means, it doesn't follow the Hyatt T & C. In addition, there are different level of Club room at this hotel, the lake view room and deluxe room has extra cost associated, which is confusing. The non-lake view Club rooms, in my opinion, is not worth for the stay.

Please see the attached response from Hyatt concierge.

I am disappointed that Hyatt doesn't enforce consistent “best room available” policy across all sites, but it seems Hyatt doesn't have control over all international properties, which is too bad.

If any Diamond visit HZ Hyatt and got different experience, I would love to know