FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM Denied Boarding Compensation TLV-AMS
View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 2007, 5:05 am
MatthiasR

Programs: FB Gold, LH
Originally Posted by CityExpress
Hmm...yes, I did actually arrive about 1.5 hours earlier at YYZ than with my originally scheduled KLM flight, so I may be out of luck for the full compensation amount.
EU 261/04 makes reference to the delay at your final destination. Art. 2(h): "Final destination means the destination on the ticket presented at the check-in counter or in the case of directly connecting flights the destination of the last flight; alternative connecting flights available shall not be taken into account if the original planned arrival time is respected".

So the questions is whether you had a direct connecting flight. If yes, they might refuse to pay at all. However, you could still give it a try. Reading your posts I assume that you would have had quite a long lay-over at AMS. Pherhaps you had a meeting planned at AMS and you had to cancel it because arriving at YYZ in time was even more important for you?

I used that line of reasoning with KL in a similar situation (my lay over would have been 3h; arrived one hour early at final destination) and they payed the full(!) amount.

Good luck!