FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RealDLInsider - Latest News ...
View Single Post
Old Nov 9, 2007, 10:55 am
DiscoPapa

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
So make the customer giveback public. The best defense is a good offense. While the "negative" is all over the news, Delta comes out with half-assed responses to the press and with flyers. If this giveback is so great, why not come out with it to offset all this negative publicity?

Some of us loyal to Delta have been happy with the SkyMiles program. Some of us can't switch for one reason or another (home aiport, corporate travel), others can and I believe will switch because of the continued devalution.
I would imagine, based off of Jeff's comments and from a recent interview I read with Bastian (I believe...or maybe it was Jeff?), that this "customer giveback" is no doubt in order. However, I am getting the impression that it is not quite ready for public announcement yet. Who knows what it is, but I'm guessing it will be some sort of "+1" for the FT-minded consumer. Unfortunately, there have been a lot more "-1"s lately.

Jeff, I appreciate you spending time to keep us FT'ers updated....if only you'd post more!