FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 2: Palatable Moderation
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2007, 8:03 pm
Weatherboy

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Moderation

The best kind of "moderation" for the FlyerTalk community is one in which your typical, every day user, doesn't even recognize that there is moderation.

I support policies and procedures that give our fine talented team of moderators the ability to quickly clean up spam, to coach threads to remain on-point, and to deal with those that detract from common sense rules quickly and painlessly.

I do not support over-moderation. I have seen some rare instances where moderators in the past have tried to impose their opinions into a dialog or debate by warning/flagging those who post views that differ from them. However, this is far from the rule nor the norm and I don't think we need to over-react or over-generalize this as a widespread moderation issue.

As long as content is on-target, is non-offensive, and is of some benefit to the community, I am fine with it. And as long as the moderators have the basic guidelines to keep to those standards, I don't think under or over moderating becomes an issue.