FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 10: Improving TalkBoard Participation
Old Nov 6, 2007, 12:43 pm
Cholula
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by flyertalk
This question was submitted from member techgirl:
Several candidates have stated that they are concerned with a lack of participation from the current TalkBoard in various forms (missed votes, nonparticipation, lack of an in-person meeting, etc.).

What are your plans, if elected, for improving participation as you see it? Please outline the specific proposals you would put in place to reassure members that TalkBoard members are serving their electors.

Unless I'm missing the intent of this question, I don't see how an individual TB member can assure that other TB members are participative, responsive and/or properly serving the FT membership. That behaviour is up to each individual TB member.

But missed votes are a matter of public record so I think the FT membership can choose not to re-elect a member who has missed a number of votes should that member choose to run again.

What's not visible, but would be if our buddy koko gets his way , is which TB members don't participate much or who are ineffective when they do participate. And, as with any group, there are usually some of those.