FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 5: Motions Passed by the TalkBoard
Old Nov 6, 2007, 9:38 am
RichMSN
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by RichMSN
Three I remember:

(1) The great 07 OMNI debate was a monumental waste of time, IMO, and I promise that I will never get involved in such a debate as a TB member (I would also never vote to eliminate the post counts of any forum).

(2) FlyerTalk Cares. TB should do more of this kind of thing.

(3) The creation of the Upper Mongolia Forum and the TalkBoard DO where TB members got to throw member questions at InternetBrands.

Wait, in #3 one of them only seemed like it happened and I know the other didn't happen unless you were also a moderator.

I would quickly approve just about any forum that was proposed by a member and only forums that proved they weren't getting traffic after introduced would be nominated for removal.
Quoting myself. I know, I know.

But Randy has reminded me that the first Q&A with IB was here, on FT, open to everyone. As I said in reply, I think this was less useful and less timely than the forum the moderators got recently, but in the spirit of complete transparency and accuracy, he's right.

Again, my personal belief is that the moderators should moderate their forums. Period. The management of FT should be left to a user-elected board that works with Randy and IB. Period.

Elected members of a travel-related board should be able to meet twice a year or so in order to conduct FT business with the rest of the business conducted over this very IBB. If not, then the TB should consist of those that can and will make this commitment.