FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tourist Thrown Off Train by Goons Because He Took Photos and Doesn't Speak English
Old Nov 6, 2007, 9:00 am
whirledtraveler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
Angry Tourist Thrown Off Train by Goons Because He Took Photos and Doesn't Speak English

http://www.episcopalcafe.com/daily/w..._diplomacy.php

Making America safe, one intimidation at a time.

The train is a half hour west of New Haven when the conductor, having finished her original rounds, reappears. She moves down the aisle, looks, stops between our seats, faces the person taking pictures. “Sir, in the interest of national security, we do not allow pictures to be taken of or from this train.” He starts, “I…….” but, without English, his response trails off into silence. The conductor, speaking louder, forcefully: “Sir, I will confiscate that camera if you don’t put it away.” Again, little response. “Sir, this is a security matter! We cannot allow pictures.” She turns away abruptly and, as she moves down the aisle, calls over her shoulder, in a very loud voice, “Put. It. Away!” He packs his camera.

Within a minute after our arrival in New Haven, two armed police officers entered the car, approached my neighbor’s seat. “Sir, we're removing you from this train.” “I….;” “I……” “Sir, you have breached security regulations. We must remove you from this train.” “I…,” “I…..” “Sir, we are not going to delay this train because of you. You will get off, or we will remove you physically.” “I…..”

Nearby passengers stir. One says, “It’s obvious he doesn’t speak English. There are people here who speak more than one language. Perhaps we can help.” Different ones ask about the traveler’s language; learn he speaks Japanese.
I am sick to death of this crap. How do we get our country back?