FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 4: Purview Over Policies of Moderation
Old Nov 4, 2007, 12:08 am
FewMiles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
Randy has stated on multiple occasions over time that the TB does not and will not have purview over policies of moderation. Yet each year, candidates insist on building campaign themes around changing moderation or suspension policies! Why do you think candidates take this approach?
I am not certain why some candidates might take such an approach. It is definitely misleading in my opinion. Perhaps these candidates are simply unaware of exactly what role the TB serves -- it is not a Moderator Oversight Committee no matter how much of an emotional outcry they might make. I would hope that no one would be deliberately misrepresenting what they can do if elected ... merely so that they can be elected!

Basing one's campaign on spreading fear of the black helicopters is irrational and casts one's intentions into question. People would question if it is something personal like an emotional reaction to being on the receiving end of moderator actions like having a post deleted or being suspended. Just because I've had one of my posts deleted does not mean there's a moderator conspiracy; perhaps I should look in the mirror and consider why my post got deleted. The sky is not falling after all. @:-)