FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non-crew employees cutting security line
View Single Post
Old Nov 2, 2007, 8:35 pm
Angry_Me

Originally Posted by LessO2
So, if I have gone through more extensive background checks by to free nations, I should be able to cut in front of YOU?

Maybe people who have had more extensive background checks and higher government clearances should be permitted to cut in the lines?

How about dealing with airlines that delay our trips by hours or days through overbookings and cancellations, usually through no faults of our own? Where do we get to cut in line?

Would you be willing to put your own personal electronics in a checked bag?

Didn't think so.

That's funny. You're preaching patience to people all the while you're trying to reason your own impatience and unwillingness to wait in a line. That's a good one.

Coming from the person who complains about people and ATM machines. Another good one.

Him = watch? Huh?

Most people carry these things called phones. They have a clock on them.
Maybe we should exchange user names...because you seem angry!!!
But since you felt the need to rip my post apart line by line, I will address your response the same way.

1. Just becaue someone has a higher government clearence does not mean that TSA or Homeland Security care about you standing in line. Those are the people that conduct the airport clearences!!! They don't know you. They did not perform your background check. You are just another passenger that they trying to protect or harass (whichever applys to you!)

2. So when passengers are angry because they're flight has been delayed or canceled, who do you think they whine to? who do you think they treat like dirt because they can't take they're precious lotion through?
Not TSA, because no one wants to be on the "No-Fly" list. No one wants to deal with airport police or security. You all look at the person that is probably selling magazines to make your flight more enjoyable and bite their head off.

3. Patience. I said practice patience because that airport employee isn't going to prohibit you from getting trough security any faster. The problem with getting through security is simple. TRAVEL WITH LESS STUFF. If you fly on a regular basis because of work, you should know what is allowed.
You know that you need to take your laptop out. You know to take your shoes off. You should know to empty your pockets and person of anything that should not go through a metal detector.
What you might not know is. Those chairs at the end of the detectors. Those are for you to use. Gather your belongings, sit down, and put yourself back together.
Maybe you all should be complaining at other passengers who chose to stand at the xray machine and get dressed. They hold up the line.

4. FYI. It may come as a surprise to everyone. Everyone does not own a cell phone. Some people still use watches!! I know it may seem sort of wierd to most. But some people do consider them a part of their wardrobe.

The bottom line is this. Yes airport employees skip line. Everyone gets privileges at their job that the general public isn't allowed to take pleasure in. That's pretty much how things are in this world.

It may be a guilty pleasure for some airport employees to skip the line.
Kind of a way to get back at certain passengers for being demeaning towards them!!!