FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Empty Flight, Economy moved to First...
View Single Post
Old Nov 1, 2007, 7:57 am
IceSlater

Empty Flight, Economy moved to First...

Hey all,

I was just on a fairly empty flight on an Airbus. There were 7 people up front, and about 40 in the back. I was up front.

After takeoff and getting to 10,000 feet, I witnessed the flight attendant letting 5 people come sit in business class... So here I am with my paying upgrade, and here THEY are with a free ride up front...

I wrote to AA about this and received the worst response in the world: Below.....
---------
Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent trip.

I did research the flight information and due to weight and balance of the aircraft we
had to move a few people around to even out the weight. There are also times that our
coach is oversold and we have to bump a few passengers up to the next cabin. We do
not reimburse anyone that is already in first or business class when this happens due
to the fact that these passengers are helping us out. They did not get upgraded on a
whim.

There is no guarantee that you would of been pulled from coach to business class if
you had not upgraded so please understand that we will not be able to refund the
upgrades that you used.

It has been a privilege to assist you. We look forward to welcoming you
aboard American Airlines in the near future.
----------

Weight and Balance really has to do with Cargo, it doesn't have to do with moving 5 people up front... well after the plane was in the air.

I called back AA this morning, they actually put me through to the lady who wrote this email and I went off on her, b/c she insulted my intelligence in that email. I'm not Joe Blow who will just say "OK"...

Anyhow, I said to her, just put these stickers back and my account and we have our issue solved. And so it was done!