FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non-crew employees cutting security line
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:03 am
Bart
Suspended

Originally Posted by APW Girl
The only problem with this idea is that number of times crew or employees need to go through is a lot less than regular passengers. And then you would have what would seem like a very short or no line and then everyone in the other lines would want to go over to the crew line. DCA had such dedicated lines but I haven't seen them for awhile.
That's exactly my point.

I don't see this as a major issue. Technically, we have one lane dedicated for employees and flight crew. However, we also use this same lane for screening selectees, passengers in wheelchairs or with other disabilities, and passengers with small children/strollers. The whole idea is to take those passengers who will take additional time to prepare and undergo screening out of the main line so the other lanes can expedite passengers through the checkpoint. And whenever none of these passengers/employees are in line, we will take passengers from the main line in order to help expedite the entire flow.

So I fully agree with you that solely dedicating one lane for one purpose only really wouldn't work except in cases like MSP where the concourse is configured to allow such exceptions.

I was just trying to make a point: "if this is what you want, then this is a way to do it.....is this what you really want?"

Employees and flight crew cutting in line is not a big thing.