FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unfriendly flight LAX/NRT - Told not to take pics - Long
Old Oct 22, 2007, 4:53 pm
tekknikal

Unfriendly flight LAX/NRT - Told not to take pics - Long

I just got to Japan. It's my first time. Still trying to adjust from that much flying. Anyway, just wanted to get some thoughts on my experience on my flight over.

STX (home)->MIA was short and ok. MIA->LAX was good. FAs were nice. I was very tired but the FAs were on their game 100%. (ex: a cup of water spilled while I was asleep and as I started to explain what happened the FA finished my sentence and brought over stuff to help clean it). It was a very good experience despite that incident.

But LAX->NRT wasn't the same. I wanted to take pics during the flight for a trip report... as soon as I was seated I took a pic of my seat/IFE screen then a second pic looking up the isle in the 772. People were putting things away, etc so it wasn't a shot of anything or anyone in particular. Rather it was my first time in a 777 and I was just taking a pic. As usual I didn't use a flash and wasn't obvious or covert or anything about it. Just pointed up the isle while seated and clicked. I didn't think anything of it.

But then the FA stopped me and was like "you know you cant take pictures right?"

sometimes I am accused of always being to serious ... so I figured she must be kidding and just joking with me before the long flight just to be friendly. So I started smiling and said ok but noticed she had a very serious look on her face... so I asked, "are you serious?" to which she replied yes. and was looking very unhappy/mean. So at this point I thought there must be some misunderstanding or something, so I asked her why I can't take pics. She said "Because of 911 and some people dont want to be in pictures. You cant take pictures."

I was shocked. I was in 42A. The man in the seat 42C (across isle) was surprised too. Only having heard a piece of the convo and the way she was talking to me, he asked me what she was talking about. He was as confused as I as to why she'd be like that.

I was pretty mad but wasnt going to let that one FA ruin my trip.

But then during the next drink service she asked me what I wanted to drink. I politely replied figuring the incident was behind us. But I never got my drink. Two more requests later and I was able to have my apple juice.

Then on the last meal service they ran out of Pizza...which is fine. No big deal. But then her attitude towards serving me chicken and drink was even worse (although I think it only took two requests as opposed to three to get my drink) . My girlfriend (who was not there for the initial encounter) asked what I did to her and why she was so mean to us.

So what do you guys think? Was she just having a bad day and wanted to take it out on me? I've never heard of such a policy on taking pics.

Anyway, loving Tokyo so far. Service has been exemplary. Still getting adjusted though lol.