FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which miles count towards account Lifetime Miles? (consolidated)
Old Oct 19, 2007, 9:03 am
236Dakota

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by edlin303
I agree that there are much better ways to get to 1mm+. I started the year at 6k, and decided to go for 1mm. I switched to AA for flying, and should have ~25k BIS miles by the end of the year, and PLT via a challenge to increase bonus miles. However, with bonuses from credit cards, banks, investment accounts, and iDine, I expect to finish the year around 350k. One of the best deals right now is the SPG platinum has a 10k bonus for your first purchase, and a 15k bonus for 15k in spending within 6 months. That is a total of 50k AA miles once converted for spending $15,000. Add to that the SPG business card, and Citi AA personal and business cards. If you can find things to buy on your CC that you can turn around and sell without a loss, you can easily convert your time (spent buying and selling items) into miles.
Could you direct me to where the information is regarding the earning of the 15k SPG bonus for spending $15,000 within 6 months?

Thank you