FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airports that tell vendors not to rip travelers off.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 8:58 am
chemist661
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
I have eaten meals at PDX & IAD. Their food charges are reasonable. I like being able to pay the same as street prices. The places that charge too much for food (and/or not having a decent selection--CLE comes to mind) are not on my list. LAX tends to be on the pricy side--I have only eaten there when I got a small food voucher on a bump. ORD can be expensive. I have eaten at DFW, IAH, AUS, etc. At least, I can have a dollar burger at DFW & IAH. (I haven't been to IAH in a few years so the prices have changed--at least I had some good BBQ at those airports).

I haven't been to CLE in several years, but I didn't like having to go to overpriced Burger King Express to eat. Poor food choices there. SFO is expensive but in the late 90's, I would find the Burger King for cheaper eats. (I am not usually a Burger King fan, but getting a meal for $4 when the cheapest meal elsewhere in that airport was pushing $10 at the time).

I like PDX because the food prices were inexpensive and no sales tax. ^

Bottom line: I like airports to have street pricing and decent selection of eating places. Otherwise, I will eat before I get to the airport if airport prices are too high. (like $7 McDonald's meals at some airports).