FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - most Fake Bombs missed at LAX, ORD, SFO
View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2007, 8:54 am
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Bart
These tests are not designed to be easy. However, even so, it all boils down to basic blocking and tackling. Sticking to the SOP will probably improve a lot of the performance. It's as I said in another post: "screen deliberately." It's how I teach it and, whenever I work the floor, how I enforce it.

I see this report as a good thing if it results in a crackdown. We'll have to see what happens next.
Happens next? This isn't the first time such a report has been released - after the EWR and DEN fiascos, it appears nothing has improved. What crackdown are you expecting? I'm only expecting more spin...

The tests are not designed to be easy? Why should they? I doubt potential assailants are going to walk though the checkpoint with a bomb shaped like a black ball and fuse with the word ACME stenciled on its side. I have a pretty good idea the real terrorists will make the test even harder.

Maybe we'd be better off hiring some of these terrorists as consultants to help improve our airport security instead of waterboarding them