FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Helsinki Airport {FIN}
View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2007, 4:25 pm
tsastor

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by TTL
Finding back to the terminals can be equally annoying, which I did not actually try but took off with a cab from the front door.
Wow, the taxi driver must have been happy. The last time I did a brisk walk all the way to the domestic terminal and it took all of ten minutes.
Originally Posted by TTL
The hotel itself resembles Scandics except for the service concept. .
Yeah, kind of, if you are talking about the top Scandics, but I would say there are more design elements than even in a top Scandic.
Originally Posted by TTL
The exec floor room I sampled was on the fifth floor at the corner facing the non-Schengen terminal and runways. The room was well sound proofed, had a 36 inch Sony LCD, a small private sauna, bath tub, and shower cabin.
That room must have the best view of the apron. Sounds like a nice room, too. I've stayed in two different exec rooms (and one regular room) and none had a sauna.
Originally Posted by TTL
The exec lounge was utterly uncongested and it was a pleasure to have the breakfast with no hassle (I was the only customer there at 7.30 AM).
I had the same experience the time I actually had the possibility to have breakfast there as it starts at 7 am in the lounge (6 am downstairs). Some staff mentioned that they are planning to have something small available before 6 am in the future as a lot of customers check out very early.