FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestion: Proposal For a 9W (Jet Airways (India)) Forum
Old Oct 12, 2007, 3:28 am
Dovster
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by lallyr
I agree, Jet really is a great airline. ^
It may well be, but that is not the question here.

It is my understanding that Qatar is among the world's finest airlines but it does not have its own forum.

On the other hand, I seconded the motion to give Alitalia its own forum -- and it passed 8-1. Alitalia is, IMHO, a poor excuse for an airline and an economic cripple.

Why does Alitalia have its own forum and not Qatar? Because the deciding factor is not how good an airline is but rather how much interest is there in it and how much traffic is the forum likely to get.

Indeed, in some regards the worse an airline is, the more active its forum. That's only natural -- when we are angry because we are kept waiting on the tarmac for a few hours, or because it is impossible to get award tickets, or because an FA was very rude, we come to FT and post about it.

Not too long ago Delta was in serious financial trouble, on the edge of going out of business, and the Delta Forum was buzzing with all kinds of rumors and speculation. Now it seems to be on the track to recovery and there are much fewer posts along those lines.