FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Give me one good reason not to defect to Continental
Old Oct 11, 2007, 6:53 am
PhillyPhlyer40

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
I had been a CP for a long time, flying 250+ segments a year. I have NEVER been HAPPIER since switching to ST. Remember, for west coast, Alaska is a partner.

A few points. I am 6' and do not find Y that offensive. I believe that some of the complaints on the CO board come from those who want CO Y ala UA E+.

The lounge.....US STINKS. CO you do NOT need a same day ticket. In fact, they will give you a gate pass to get INTO the secure area if you want to "drop in" for a drink. Or if you have friends/family you want to meet at the gate.

F product ROCKS. EWR-ATL gets a MEAL. With soup!

Onepass redemption is not that bad. I was able to book 2 EWR-FRA in F, 3-JFK-LON in Virgin UPPER CLASS, and recently (holding) Qantas 2 EWR-SYD in F!!! ALL at the standard rate!

The fleet expansion/updating is actually booked through 2012 I believe.

Transcons on a BF equiped 757-200 are GREAT. Full sundae service, 3 course meal including appetizers and salads!!!!

The ONLY....ONLY issue I have with CO (which management is currently working WITH the ff's on changing, by Jan 1 I belive) is that the standby list is not by status. At a recent CO "DO", Larry said this will be changed. It did get me once...as I was at the airport and 11 standbys cleared. I was the ONLY plat on the list (per g/a), but I was #15!!! This will make CO a 1000000% perfect carrier once it is completed.

As for CLE u/g's, I am a plat, and have flown through there quite a bit (ABE-CLE-XXX). I have had no problem with the u/g. I missed one...a CLE-IAH.