FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Give me one good reason not to defect to Continental
Old Oct 11, 2007, 5:55 am
fireworksboy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Wave1
I make my own reservations and would be able to use the CO website, so that is not a problem. I too would like to hear from some Cleveland CO fliers on their upgrade sucess. Maybe I will pose the question on the CO board.

I am more and more convinced by the minute that this move is the way to go.

It is absolutely the right move. I live between CLE and PIT and used to be CP flying out of PIT. As far as upgrades go, make sure that the flights you would be taking out of CLE are not on RJs. A lot of cities out of CLE are only served by RJs. RJs bother some - not me - and obviously have 0% upgrade possibility. As a Plat I've only missed one upgrade this year - on mainline planes I'm probably 18 out of 19 opportunities. Golds could expect less success and Silvers even less. If I had to guess I'd say Golds 50% and Silvers half of that but I'll let some CLE Silvers chime in with personal experience. Good luck and don't be afraid to up your segment count by adding the PIT-CLE Beech 1900 onto your flights.
PIT may be a great airport but don't let that influence your view of US. US currently is the worst of big boys.