FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ATA tries to arrest you for using your iPhone in "Airplane Mode"
Old Oct 10, 2007, 6:05 pm
Spiff
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
"OK, so why didn't he tell me that at all in flight, all he said was i was breaking FAA rules, and also why was everyone else allowed to use their laptops, mp3 players, etc ?? The police officer looked confused, and said he would be right back. He talked to the guy again and then came back and said that the airplane is not shielded for ONLY phones in airplane mode."

I would have loved to have been there for that statement. Since I know quite a lot about electromagnetics and antennas, I think I'd have genuinely enjoyed the experience.

Maybe this jackaninny FA is looking for a job in upper management with TSA? He's got all the qualifications. Defensive, stupid, knows nothing about technology but pretends he does, sics "the authorities" on anyone who dares question his lack of technical knowledge, runs and hides when confronted... Kippie better watch out, or this clown will be the "leader" of the TSA.