FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anybody still seeing "go back to the end of the line"
Old Oct 9, 2007, 5:04 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by exerda
Sending people to the end of the line, though, really does nothing to improve that situation. It's a passive-aggressive bully tactic by the TSA, and will only increase animosity from the people so targeted, and will slow things down for the people who queue up in line after them (since it adds to the # of people waiting to be screened).

Much better handling would be to point out to the pax that they aren't doing things right and allow them to fix it right then and there. 99% are honest mistakes or people who fly very infrequently anyway, so bullying them really doesn't help "correct" the problem in the long run.
This person was a 30s something white male who got just about everything wrong and held the line up for 5-10 minutes. Maybe he somehow grew a brain since yesterday and won't get everything wrong again, but I wouldn't bet on it. In fact, I don't think I could have held the line up for that long if I tried even if I was drunk. It was so bad that people were jumping to the other line.