FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have You Ever Successfully Complained to an Airline?
Old Oct 9, 2007, 11:04 am
aktchi

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I am still in the early stages of trying to resolve my request to AA. The experience is stated in http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....6&postcount=66.

Summary: 11 hours into a 14.5 hour ORD-DEL flight, the plane was diverted to LHR due to windshield damage. This was business decision by AA, not safety one, as the plane could have landed safely in DEL too, but would take longer to repair. At LHR there was chaotic system of dealing with passengers. No manager ever came to see us, no beveragae/food/phones were offered. Our request for a hotel room and a nonstop connection next morning was [b]denied[b] because almost 24 hrs after our departure from ORD, they could find seats on a flight to Qatar to wait another few hours for a flight to DEL. All in all, our 14.5 hr trip took close to 40 hours. In addition we lost approx $600 in forfeited hotel room and connecting flights in Delhi.

So far AA sent an unsolicited email offering 10K frequent flyer bonus miles.

We were on a "platinum challenge", in which you earn points during a 90 day window to earn elite status, and bought this flight with that in mind. So, I have asked them to give us whatever elite qualifying points we would have earned on that flight.

So far, AA's FF customer service desk has referred us to Cutomer Relations, while Customer Relations feel FF costomer service desk is the right one to contact.

I don't have much experience with this. Does anybody have contact info for AA's top officials to whom I could forward my experience and let them decide which office is best for handling such cases?

Last edited by aktchi; Oct 9, 2007 at 11:39 am