FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anybody still seeing "go back to the end of the line"
Old Oct 9, 07, 7:52 am
SDF_Traveler

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by polonius View Post
I have ignored the baggie/100ml rule from the start. I carry several liquids/gels in my laptop bag -- usually a tube of toothpaste, often some nasal spray or eye drops, ink cartridges etc. I've never had security question or harass me about them, and that's including during my visit to the USA a couple of months ago where, as usual, I was SSSSed and made a point of harassing the agents in return. As usual, they detained me and threatened me with arrest, but didn't bother me about my liquids not being carried properly.
As far as always being SSSS'd, how do you go about buying your tix?

I see you're based in Doha? FWIW, I've heard part of the 'SSSSelection' criteria is where your tickets are puchased and form of payment. Curious if you had the tix purchased back in Qatar and that may be flagging you?

Sorry to hear about the loss of your "dangerous" Tequilla flying MEX-FRA-BUD. I've heard mixed things about taking duty-free liquor through EU transit airports, but haven't tested the waters out of fear of confiscation.