FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt house (Summerfield) El Segundo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 8, 2007, 10:52 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Aircoco
Also had pretty lousy experiences with the Hyatt Consumer Affairs the last 2 years. For some stays, they just refused to acknowledge their guarantee, such as non-smoking or KING, and completely stop replying.

What do you think is the better hotel chain now? SPG or Marriott or ...?

My suggestions would be the following for those hotel companies with high brand and guest assurance standards.
Hilton, Priorty Club /InterContinental (Royal Ambassador especially) and Radisson (excellent properties overseas)
Non program and more obvious/ expensive Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, Ritz Carlton
100% Satisfaction guarantee in most brands stated above here. Even if not in writing.
I have been impressed as I used to be for many years with Hyatt.

As with any program it is important to know the better performing properties and find the best way to engage all opportunities the various programs have to offer.
SPG is reasonably good but with some possible reservations.
They seem to be on an uphill climb again despite a blow to their point currency value this year
I am also seeing outstanding performance in the SPG call centers in places after a lull in 2005.
Reports of Starwood Guest concerns seem to be presently met halfway or all the way as of late.I am closely watching. See encouraging signs.
Marriott is what I call satisfactory or industry average (fair) but usually responding and making the effort even if slow. Most of that is observed. I rarely stay with them but still trust them.

Opinions will always vary widely here on FT and one would need to know more about your overall travel.
Now that we have hijacked this poor thread my suggestion is post your questions in other FT forums and see what best may suit your needs. Would like to add (unrelated) while Hyatt Guest Relations continues on a downward spiral as of the past few years Gold Passport has turned in a respectable performance giving Hyatt some slack
Good luck in your choices and by all means excercise your options with companies who value your loyalty and satisfaction

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Oct 8, 2007 at 11:12 pm