FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt house (Summerfield) El Segundo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 8, 2007, 3:47 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

The downhill slide evidently continues sadly

Originally Posted by holtju2
BTW it was the first time I actually faxed a complaint to the Hyatt which I CC'ed to the property as well. I never heard back.
Sorry to hear that.However it reconfirms some of my own observations
It doesn't come as surprise here as Hyatt Guest Relations/Consumer Affairs has been falling for 18 months like nothing I have witnessed in twenty plus years at any hotel company let alone Hyatt.

Your experience pretty much wraps up the business state of affairs at Hyatt today.
Which isn't a Gold Passport issue but a Hyatt corporate problem as well as an individual property issue.
They have lost touch with their customers & the meaning of CRM
In your case they run a clear risk of destroying a valuable relationship.
This was the company I admired and looked up to as the Gold Standard for many years when it came to guest satisfaction........

My summer in 2006 with Hyatt produced two unacceptable stays with hostile behavior in Hyatt hotels.
Hyatts poor responses ended my decades of reasonably consistent loyalty.They did agree clearly however things should have gone better.
But of course actions speak louder then words.
Not even a letter or email apology and the hotel is free to carry on however it conducts business and or treats guests
In the case of one such sub par property it became another brand out of the Hyatt family of hotels which explains part of the poor treatment received in house.The anti Hyatt guest behavior was established long before the partnership fall-out

Hyatt went in my perception from the number one most trusted lodging company in the world to one that is at your own risk.Get lucky have a great stay
I have shifted my spending only to hotel companies that I can trust unconditionally.
Hopefull in time Hyatt may recover more fully.They still run a good program That however has nothing to do with the serious trouble they are courting.
Bottom line they no longer care what happens in the guest experience

Be especially aware of Hawthorn properties which is a partner property that has even less to do with Hyatt other then redemption and earning in the program.
Its up to the property to respond or not.There is no brand promise of any kind.
Smart savvy travelers will always vote with their feet and wallets where they are recognized and well taken care of thankfully there still remain many options.