FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ATL airport worker's iPod goes up in flames -- worries about being shot
Old Oct 8, 2007, 8:56 am
Superguy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Thumbs down ATL airport worker's iPod goes up in flames -- worries about being shot

http://www.theregister.com/2007/10/0..._blaze_horror/

Originally Posted by The Register
An Atlanta airport worker claims his iPod Nano burst into flames while stashed in his personal region. The trouser-based blaze was apparently so severe the hapless victim was immolated up to chest level, though reportedly he sustained only superficial injuries.

Danny Williams is quoted in local news reports as saying that glossy paper in his pockets may have saved him from eye-watering burns. He also appeared to suggest that the music-player pant conflagration had threatened his life indirectly. With smoke belching from his garments in an airport, Williams was clearly at risk of being shot repeatedly in the head as a suspected suicide bomber.

"If TSA had come by and seen me smoking, they could have honestly thought I was a terrorist," the luckless airport employee is quoted as saying.
Emphasis mine.

Sad that the guy was on fire and he had to worry about TSA and LEO's getting the wrong idea and shooting him. How low have we sunk?

Last edited by Superguy; Oct 8, 2007 at 9:18 am