FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Stansted / STN AA Lounge & shower Info
Old Oct 5, 2007, 7:03 am
dddc

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by nixande
While everybody seems to like to ..... about how this will not be attractive to people coming from London, May I remind you that there are actually people outside of London, yet even the UK who have a wish to go to US from time to time?

And that STN is a perfect spot from so many places to fly into London for the connection with much cheaper airlines?
Interesting perspective! I never considered through traffic from Europe as I have never flown a low cost carrier (unless you count BMI and NW!). Even though Stanstead is 45 mins by car from me, I never use airport parking when I fly so it would be mini-cab/private hire or public transport and both are fairly dear to Stanstead compared to the others. The time/cost factor for me outweigh the "cheaper" tickets.

For those coming direct to/from the City, Stanstead isn't too bad via Liverpool St railwaiy. However within 10 years, the new Crossrail link will be built and travel to/from LHR will be alot easier from the City and Canary Wharf.