FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Stansted / STN AA Lounge & shower Info
Old Oct 3, 2007, 9:47 am
jimmyw9

Programs: AA L/T Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by andrzej
In addition, American will begin its new route between New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and London’s Stansted Airport effective Oct. 28, 2007. American also said it will begin a second roundtrip between JFK and Stansted in the spring of 2008. With express train service, Stansted is convenient to London’s growing financial and business districts.

American plans to switch one of its two daily DFW roundtrips to London Heathrow, while the other DFW roundtrip will retain its current service to London Gatwick. American’s one daily Raleigh/Durham-to-London flight will also switch to Heathrow from Gatwick. The airline’s DFW-to-London service to both Heathrow and Gatwick will continue to be flown with three-class (First, Business and Economy/Coach) Boeing 777 aircraft with 245 seats. American’s Raleigh/Durham service will also continue to be flown with Boeing 777 aircraft. American’s JFK-Stansted service will be flown with two-class (Business and Economy/Coach) Boeing 767-300 aircraft with 221 seats, including 30 Next Generation Business Class seats.

https://www.aa.com/content/amrcorp/p...ondonsvc.jhtml

I believe they are trying to take some MAXJet business away, so it would not make any sense to downgrade this route to a 757.
Yes I have read that too and I understand the reasons for AA going into STN but the poster in that thread claimed to have inside AA knowledge......wish I could find that dam thread now.