FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE: Sheraton Fota Resort, Cork, Ireland [Master Thread]
Old Sep 30, 2007, 6:36 pm
adgtravel

Great hotel

We stayed 4 nights at Sheraton Fota Island in Sept. without a car. A little out of the way, but this is a wonderful hotel I would definately go back to again! As a gold, I'm not sure we really got an upgrade (room 102), but the room was very modern and spacious (for Europe) and the bathroom was amazing! They brought us 2 bottles of water and fruit the first night. The concierges were very helpful (Richard and Sean?) in several ways. Free internet in business center (2 computers and a printer). Wonderful pool area! We didn't try the restaurants, but used room service, which was very good. We took day tours to West Cork and Ring of Kerry. Took a guided tour of Cork then went to Blarney Castle. Blarney Woolen Mills is a great place to shop!! Fota House and Gardens is nice, and Cobh is worth a visit also. Wish we had more time in this beautiful area of Ireland! Weather was nice every day, usually started off cloudy everyday, but we never had rain, high 60's to low70's. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone!