Old Sep 30, 07, 11:53 am
FlyerGoldII

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Fairmont President Club Platinum
Originally Posted by yyzprincess View Post
Why not do BATCAT YOW-LHR-YOW in Premium cabin on AC.

Buy LHR-LIS-LHR . EX: LHR to Europe has it share of good deal fares.
Alternatively redeem an award for that route.

You may even discover: YOW-LHR-YOW, LHR-LIS-LHR lower than YOW-LIS-YOW in premium cabin.
As the routing on the ticket is from YOW to LIS via LHR, BATCAT does not apply. In theory, I could get the sponsor to buy 2 tickets (ie YOW-LHR, and LHR-LIS); that way, my wife would be eligible for BATCAT. However, the disadvantage to 2 separate tickets is that one can not interline on those 2 tickets (ie luggage, protection from missing the connecting flight at LHR, if the first flight is late etc).

For the same reasons (lack of interlining), I am not interested in buying my wife 2 separate fares - ie YOW-LHR-YOW, and LHR-LIS-LHR.

For the same reasons again (lack of interlining), I am not interested in buying a YOW-LHR-YOW fare, and then getting an award for LHR-LIS-LHR.

That is why (see other thread), I am interested in getting one ticket for my wife - either the "cheapest" revenue ticket which allows her to upgrade (at least on the transatlantic segments), or one (rather than 2) Aeroplan award (I would have to check if one can interline on 2 Aeroplan awards).

Last edited by FlyerGoldII; Oct 1, 07 at 6:49 pm