FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Victoria BC Inner Harbour [Master Thread]
Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:55 pm
RTWSTARALLIANCE

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Marriott Victoria BC Inner Harbour [Master Thread]

Mod. Please keep separate for a couple days so people can read and comment on before consolidating. Appreciate.

Preface: My wife has a friend she used to work with in Kyoto who moved and married here. Also had a Alaska Air $50 voucher for a companion ticket.

Rate: Reasonable. I purchased a room on Club level as I have no status. Well worth it.

Transportation: My wife's friend picked us up at the airport. The airport is a fair distance from town. Upon exiting there is a podium to the right where you can get shuttle transportation to/from Victoria.

Parking: Parking here is charged and the lot was full this evening.

Check-in: Greeted kindly and told about Lounge services. Pleasant.

Perks: None.

Lounge: The Hotel has a very nice Lounge on 16. Centered in the middle facing the inner harbour. A nice view. Has a fair amount of seating area. This evening there was one hot item. At dessert there was a ok spread.

Room: You enter onto carpet. We have a hall which leads directly to the bathroom. As you make the corner on your left is a closet followed by our king bed and work desk. We have full floor to ceiling windows facing the inner harbour. You can see water. In the corner you have a round table with two comfy chairs. These leads us to another full wall of windows facing out with views of water in the far distance. Then comes the bathroom.

Bathroom: We have a nice bathroom with a marble floor. The sink is at an angle with a tub. A very elegant bathroom.

Internet: There is a computer in the Lounge. Free. You also have wireless which is supposed to be free. The wired internet in the room is free.

Gym: Have not been there yet.

Spa: I do not think they have one. I did see some massage therapists with their equipment heading up from the ground floor.

Eating venues: The evening our friends took us to Sen Sushi. A Japanese place they like. Very reasonable. Like $70 for lots of food for four. This is without tip and we had no liquor. It was close by.

Local markets: There are things in the area.

Negatives: None.

Closing: This Hotel is so nice and frankly so our style that I need to seriously look at getting some status with Marriott. I keep highest status with Hilton, Hyatt and Starwood. I need to put Marriott in the wallet.

This all being said the GM of this property is great as you may know. He has been / is on FT. I missed him this afternoon because our friend took us to the Gardens. The Gardens are a must see even at $25 per adult. This Hotel will not disappoint. Regards from Victoria.